Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Nothing Exciting Here

hingNothing exciting really happened this weekend. Friday, Kurt had a night time trial and we hung out with Cheese Castle. Saturday, Kurt did some errands and his parents came into town, then we went to Ankeny to Kyle's Bike Shop and picked up the cyclo-cross bike. I got to ride a bike trainer, which is a real bike hooked up to a trainter and computer. It was real fun and I'd really like to do it during the winter months. After we returned from Ankeny, we went to Cheese Castle and had dinner with Kyle, Julie, Beth & Taylor. Julie and I went back to the house while Kyle and Kurt went to get shingles for Kurt's roofing project this weekend. Kurt and I were pretty tired, so we stayed home on Saturday night.

Newton's Cross Out Crohn's and Colitis Race was on Sunday. Kurt had another race this weekend. He got 16th place out of I don't know how many riders, but I do know that it wasn't last. He didn't do too bad for battling a cold. This was a charity race, and proceeds went to the Crohns and Colitis Foundation. They sold raffle tickets for a couple of bikes, but unfortunately we didn't win. Here are some pictures from the race:
Kurt changing tires before his race.
At the starting line. Where's Kurt? (my version of where's waldo?)
Hopping over the barriers
Pedaling up the hill.

No comments: