Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nothing Exciting Here

Nothing too exciting happened this weekend. Friday night after work, Kurt and I went out to eat and went out to Best Buy. (exciting huh?) I did get a super cheap movie, "O Brother Where Art Thou?" When we returned home from the store we watched it, then headed down to the southside to hang out with our friend Matt. We went to Southport (our hangout bar and future neighbor of Cheese Castle). I don't think we have been there, probably since my birthday.

Saturday Kurt went biking with his nephew Kyle. They had cyclocross practice and then rode their bikes up to Ankeny for a Indoor Bicycling League Kickoff. I spent my day cleaning and raking up leaves. It was cold and wet, totally not fun. After he got back, he took me up there for the kickoff, went out for supper, then went to a Des Moines Buccaneer's hockey game. This was my second hockey game ever, and it was pretty fun. The best part was the fights, I think that's why most people go to hockey games.

Sunday, pretty boring day consisting of laundry, cleaning, and grocery shopping. The best part was is that I actually slept in for once! My old roommate Carissa was in town for the weekend, but unfortunately our schedules didn't work out on Sunday, so I will have to catch her next time. We did visit Kyle, Julie and Alexa, and it was so much fun. I spent the majority of the time playing house. Takes me back to my younger days.

Not much else was going on this week. Gas is down to $1.77, it's colder than heck, and I have 31 more days until Vegas!!!!!

No comments: