Sunday, February 8, 2009

BRR 2009

What a wonderful February weekend we all had. Can you believe we are having 50+ degree weather? Kurt and I had a busy Saturday. We participated the the BRR Ride (Bike Ride to Rippey). This year was my FIRST year of doing it, and I coudln't have picked a better time for my first time with the beautiful weather. The ride is 24 miles roundtrip and it takes place no matter what the weather is. I rode with the 2 Julies and Kurt rode with his nephew and friends. They rode their bikes on gravel to Perry, while us girls brought the vehicles.

My new cycling shoes. First time wearing them outside beyond the indoor trainer.
All 9 Yards women's team and some extra people (I'm in the back).
Everywhere you look, you're going to see bicycles.
Here I am cycling down the road.
Kurt and I in Rippey.
Well, I made it there...to Rippey that is and back to Perry (24 miles). I only managed to fall from my bike once. It was a pretty stupid mistake because I'm so used to having my feet free, I totally forgot that my feet didn't move and down I went. It hurt a little bit and I have a minor sprain in my wrists, but my pride was hurt the most, but now I'm over and I can actually laugh about it.

No comments: