Sorry for you blog followers, I kind of been neglecting my blog to let you know what's been going on in my life. Well, absolutely nothing! I saw a few family memebers last time Kurt and I went home for Terilyn's confirmation, but since there, I've just been working at my jobs. Last week was "Bike to Work Week." It didn't go as well as planned due to the weather. I did get to ride 1 1/2 days out of 3. On Saturday, Julie S., Alexa, Kurt and I rode our bikes down to the Des Moines Farmer's Market. This was the first time I had been to it. It was pretty neat, but I didn't get the chance to look at people's booths or try their yummy products. Another thing that did damper it was that we walked our bikes through. Monday I ended up putting like 14-15 miles in roundtrip to/from work. It was pretty nice, and I must say I'm getting much better at the hills/inclines. It only takes me about 40 minutes to get there. I also rode Tuesday morning, however the rain moved in Tuesday afternoon, and I ended up hitching a ride home with a co-worker that has a pickup. Wednesday and Thursday I didn't ride due to working at Cheese Castle. I didn't ride on Friday either due to the rainy weather. Kurt was supposed to have a mountain bike race on Saturday, but since it rained on Friday, it was cancelled, hopefully postponed and made up on a different date. This week, hopefully the weather stays nice as it's predicted and I might get in a day or so.
This weekend was pretty uneventful. Friday night we went over to Kyle and Julie's and the boys messed around with the bikes and then later played Wii. Saturday Kurt went with Kyle and a friend and rode from Ankeny to Polk City. They had a pretty tough time heading there due to the strong winds, but coming back was a breeze, thanks to the high gusty breeze. While he was gone, I did part 1 of grocery shopping and we finished it after he got back from riding. Saturday night we were invited to go with Kyle, Julie and Alexa to this restaraunt Cafe Fuzion. This place is pretty good, we have been there before. Their menu consists of Thai, Korean, and Japanese food. After we ate, Kurt and I came back and he worked on his project bike and I relaxed on the couch. Later, we went down to Cheese Castle and hung out, drank some beer with our friend Matt.
Sunday morning, Kurt and I woke up at 7, and we rode to Jordan Creek Mall, which from the house is 10 miles one way. Our friend Taylor was participating in a Duathalon (run 2 miles, bike 18 miles, run 2.5 miles). I wasn't a very happy person, b/c Kurt took the hilly way, but I survived it (he later complimented me by telling me that i'm MUCH better at that same hill as I was last year.) It was pretty chilly out and it sprinkled here and there. After the duathalon, Kyle and Kurt rode back together, and I hopped a ride with Julie and Alexa so we could all go to Costco. This afternoon, after resting, Kurt and I have been busy, me w/ laundry, and Kurt working on cleaning out the back room for our future spare bedroom. End of June is almost here, and I'm ready to move! Anywho...that's all that's been happening here in Des Moines. Hope all is well with everybody.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment