Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Long time no chat eh?

So it's been awhile since I last posted, and I apologize. It's not like I'm super busy or anything, just not motivated to download pictures and such. Last month was full of bike races on the weekends. October 14th - October 18th, I was out in Denver, Colorado for the College of Optometric Vision Development (COVD) Annual Meeting. I flew out to Colorado by myself and met the doctor out there. My plane was running behind schedule and to make matters worse my plane ride was pretty rough. I met the doctor at my gate and we took a shuttle to our hotel. Wednesday we got settled in and ate some supper before calling it a night. There were quite a few mixers and dinners that we got to mingle with other people. Thursday night after our classes were done, we roamed the area to scoop out some restaraunts in the area. Friday was classes all day, and then for supper we ate a restaraunt called Cool Rivers Steakhouse. It was pretty fancy if you ask me. I had a roast short ribs, which was basically a pot roast, some sweet potato fries, and cheesecake for dessert, and a glass of wine to drink. It was way fullfiling, but very delicious. Saturday we had some classes, but we did get to take some time in the morning and venture into downtown. There were quite a few eateries, but I did get to see some guys playing chess in the a little "park." I got back into Des Moines on Sunday. I was glad to be home.




Friday for Halloween, we got permission to dress up for work. My friend/co-worker Amanda and I came up with being Mario and Luigi from Super Mario Brothers. I of course was Luigi. I thought we pulled it off pretty well. Everybody in the office loved our outfits! Shari, who is wearing purple in the pictures was a fortune teller, and Laura was a psycho Huskers fan.
Also Halloween weekend, we had the last central Iowa Cyclocross race before we head to Jinglecross. The girls dressed up as Rollerderby girls. It was a lot of fun dressing up and heckling the riders. It was pretty muddy the first day and all the riders got muddy. I took a picture of Kurt's legs and his bike. YUCK!!!!!! Also you'll see Kurt's invention. It's a boxed wine w/ duct tape on it to create straps for a wine back pack. Creative isn't he? Well that's all I know for now. I guess I'll post more when I know more.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Gray is hard to read....