Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wiped out....

What a busy weekend....it went by way too fast. Friday I took the day off from Vision Park, and I met Kurt for lunch and went to our local bike shop and picked up my new cycling clothes! I'm so excited that I just can't hide....didn't think someone like me would get excited over cycling clothes. That afternoon, Kurt took 1/2 a day off and went to clean out the tracker (his insurance company said it was totalled), and then I cleaned house a bit. My friend Amanda came over in the evening and we grilled out and played Super Mario Brothers on the Wii for like 4 hours.

Kurt and his nephew Kyle went up to Boone to Seven Oaks for some trail maintenance. I got my hair cut in the morning, then did some shopping. Afterwards, I rode up to Boone with Julie, Kyle's wife. We camped out for the night and Kurt, Kyle, and Julie rode the trail for a little while. I held down the fort @ the campsite, and worked on my word search. It was a nice night to sit by the fire, but it sure was cold to sleep in.

Sunday after we got back from camping, Kurt and I headed down to the southside of DSM to BBQ with our friend Matt and family, and Matt's mom Judy. It was a nice time.

I'm hoping that the week flies by quickly. I have a dentist appointment Monday morning, and Kurt is leaving Saturday for the Decorah Time Trials. But for now, it's time for relaxation and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

No comments: