Monday, July 26, 2010

17 Weeks and counting





Today was my 2nd OB appointment. I can't believe that I'm 17 weeks along already. We went in to listen to the baby's heartbeat by doppler. My physician and I talked about my diabetes mostly. The last month has been a rollercoaster with my new diabetic medicine. I watch it carefully, but I seem to have mostly low sugar spells around the lunch hour. My physician put in a referral to a dietician so they could help me manage/educate me about my nutrition and pregnancy. So I have yet to hear from them.


When it came time to listen to the heartbeat, Kurt's been hiping they'd do an ultrasound so we could see our little peanut and maybe catch a glimpse of the gender. I kept telling him we would do the doppler and just listen. The doctor searched around my lower abdomen, but couldn't find anything. I grew a little nervous, but she told Kurt it was his lucky day-he'd get his ultrasound. So we went back into the room, and the sonographer found the baby right away - up closer to my belly button. The heartbeat was music to my ears at 156 bpm. The lady poked and prodded my belly to see if we could get a peek and of course you could tell it was Kurt's child because it was stubborn and wouldn't cooperate very well. She didn sneak one peek and it looked like a little turtle. The sonographer said if whe had to guess by the picture, she'd have to say it's a boy. I told Kurt not to hold his breath because it could turn around and be a girl. My next appointment is August 19th (just before Farm Festival) and I will have a detailed ultrasound to take a better look at the baby, the organs, and probably get a better look at gender.


The contruction of the baby room is getting closer to finish. We have it painted and the paneling is put up. We still have to do the trim. Then it will be furniture time. That's what makes me super excited. I'll post pictures of it later.


Hope all is well with everybody and i'll post more soon!!!!!

No comments: