Wednesday, September 15, 2010

24 weeks down

We had our 24 week OB appointment today. It was probably one of our quickest appointments because it was just to hear the baby's heartbeat. My doctor had a heck of a time finding Baby Benson, but finally found him up high by my ribs basically. His heartbeat was in the 150's, which she said was great. Next month we are scheduled for a growth ultrasound to see how big Baby Benson has gotten, so that will be pretty exciting. My doctor also mentioned that after next month, I'll be coming in every 2 weeks for appointment. That really hit hard, because I know soon after that, I'll be having weekly appointments, and before ya know it, the baby will be here!

My diabetes is doing pretty well. Last month I went to a dietician, and we discussed counting carbs. I'm not a big stickler about it, but I'm more conscious of how many carbs I'm intaking each day. It does seem to help because my sugar levels are "pretty stable" for the most part, and I'm having less freqent low sugar spells. So my doctor kept my medicine the same dosage.

No comments: