Saturday, February 5, 2011

7 Weeks Old already







Its been awhile since I've blogged...I apologize. Joshua is now 7 weeks old and has been growing like a weed. Kurt and I think he's around the 8 1/2 to 9 pound range. His 2 month checkup is on February 17th. Newborn clothes are getting too small...yet 3 month outfits are a tad bit big. He's been such a good baby..although we'd like him to develop a night time sleeping pattern. He is getting predictable...getting up around 1:30am-2:30am and then anywhere from 4:30-5:30. He also has his moments when he likes to sleep in his bassinet all night.
This past Monday I went back to work. Dropping Josh off at daycare was very hard....I cried my eyes out, but each day got easier and easier. I look forward to coming home every night and give him lots of affection. Joshua seems to not mind daycare, maybe because he sleeps most of the time. He's going to Angeli Cristiani, which is a church daycare center. The first week of work was pretty good. I set a fairly easy schedule for 2 weeks to get back into the swing of things. I really missed my vision therapy kids.
Not much else is happening. I joined a bike club called CARD (Cyclists Against Reckless Drivers) with the Julies and my friend Paula. When the weather gets nice out, we'll be able to ride together and such. Kurt's still on his BikeIowa team. He hasn't been on the bike much since Joshua has been born, but hopefully he'll get some miles in this winter. He has a big bike race at the end of the month called CIRREM which is 62 miles long. BRR (Bike Ride to Rippey) was this weekend. He and the boys rode from Johnston to Perry, which was 33 miles. I didn't get to participate because I hadn't been on the bike since before Joshua was born, and I'm still recovering from gallbladder surgery, which by the way went okay. I was pretty scared at first, but thank goodness for drugs I guess. I remember getting set up in the OR, the anesthesiologist told me to take a couple breaths of oxygen, and the next thing I know, I'm in the recovery room. Thank goodness we only have one gallbladder. I was really groggy for awhile after surgery, and my stomach hurt really bad. I think I'd rather deal with having a C-Section any day, rather than the stomach ache I had after surgery. Otherwise I really don't know much else.

Riding my trusty steed....oh i mean kitty.


I'm a big boy and I like to swim....in the tub.


Hanging out with Mommy.

Future BikeIowa member.

Sitting on the couch...big boy style.







No comments: