Saturday, October 11, 2008
Busy Saturday
Wow it's been a busy weekend already. Kurt's been busy with his house. His brother and his dad came up from southern Iowa to put new shingles on.
Me on the other hand....my job is to keep those boys on the roof and food in their tummies. After I got them all fed, I decided to go ride my bike. I felt guilty because I haven't been on it for probably 2 weeks. I think the last time I rode it, it was Kurt's cyclo-cross race weekend here in Des Moines, and I rode with Julie and Alexa. So anyways, I took off and took our "circuit" down to Gray's Lake and back. It wasn't too bad. I rode 11 straight miles until I couldn't stand my sore butt and some inclines, so I decided to walk about 1/4 of a mile, then I got back on and rode the rest of the way home. I think I clocked in at 17.25 miles roundtrip, which isn't too bad. About halfway through, I was kind of scared of not making it back home myself because my calves started to cramp up. I think my seat or something is adjusted wrong and I tense up my legs. But I made it home, and I think I got a flat tire somewhere because it was a little spongy when I got off. Now I "think" I should rest for the rest of the week because I have the mountain bike clinic this weekend. I told Kurt, I need to try on his shoes and clips on his bike to get used to them if I'm going to ride it. It's nice to have a boyfriend who has big feet because you can share shoes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good Job!
Post a Comment