Monday, October 20, 2008

Fun Weekend

I sure had a fun weekend, or at least Saturday I did. I participated in the mountain bike clinic with the 2 Julies. There were 6 guys helping us women learn skills to mt. bike. The first thing we learned was to turn tight corners, so we practiced goin around a tree. I got the hang of it, but scuffed the tree a couple of times. The next skill we learned was how to get our front tire off the ground as if we were to go over a log. I was scared that I wouldn't be able to do it, but I got it. I was doing it wrong at first by standing up, and now I have a HUGE black/blue bruise on my inner right thigh because of my seat. But I can now say I can pop wheelies. The 3rd skill we learned was to get our back tire off the ground. This was a no-go for me, and I ended up girl-racking myself by the handlebars. Let me just say that it hurt like a m-fer! I got a little discouraged after that and sat out for awhile, while other people jumped over logs and watched one of the Julies do a summer sault over her handle bars! SCARY!!!!! But luckily she was ok and not hurt. The 4th skill we learned was climbing hills. This wasn't a good thing for me either because before I even started the incline, I lost my momentum. The second try I did, Kyle (Kurt's nephew) pushed me up the hill. The only thing I probably succeeded at was going down the hill. It was easy as pie. Towards the end of the clinic we went on Hillside. Orginally we were supposed to go to Denman's, because it was beginner friendly and pretty flat, but it was muddy. I didn't do so well on the trail I'm a bit out of shape and was huffing and puffing. I lost my momentum frequently. When we got to our stopping point, I felt sick to my stomach, and Julie S. had been sick all week, so she and I called it a day and returned home, while Julie G finished up with the rest. Overall I had a good ol time, but I wish I could have done better.

Later, after the bike clinic, we went to Legends to eat, and off to our show "Dixie's Tupperware Party."
This isn't your average tupperware party. It was a Broadway show, and an actual tupperware party!

Here is a sample of the show.
Dixie's show was very funny! and I recommend it to anybody who has a good sense of humor.

1 comment:

Jules said...

You did great at the mt bike clinic!! you didnt give up, we just need to find some more mountains to practice on. I had a great time at the "Tupperware" party..."tickle and whisper" "tickle and whisper" Oh man what a hoot.

Thanks for the great time!!