Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Halloween was fun this year. We got to dress up for work. Our theme was "At the Movies" and our costume had to be movie-related. We had people dress up as a movie extra, Hannnah Montana, Lilly, Hannah Montana's friend, and Punky Brewster. At our other office somebody dressed up as Cat in the Hat, Marilyn Monroe, Lucy (from I love Lucy), and Pocahontas. I picked a character from my favorite movie "Shrek," I chose Princess Fiona.

Later Halloween night, Kurt, myself, Julie and Kyle took part in Spooky Woods Ride here in Des Moines. We left from Rasmussen's Bike shop to Denman Woods. This was my first "at night" ride and I rode a trail that I have never rode before, and yes I rode in my dress. I have to admit that the trail was not bad at all, with the exceptions of a few logs that I had to get off my bike and jump over, and of tight squeezed through some trees. I think I hugged about 4-5 trees, but laughed each time. After awhile we to the Denman's firepit, where the party awaited. Here are some pictures from the night.
Me, Julie, Kyle, Kurt
Kurt and Julie pre-ride
Kurt aka Elton John
(notice his disco ball on his bike, it actually worked with a headlight on it)
Kurt and I at the party.
Julie G aka Eve (love the fig leaves)
Flaming Tree Trunk

2 comments:

Jules said...

What a blast we had ..Things heard on the ride..."Right".."Left".."Log".."BIG log".."Mud".."up hill..quick left...down hill..aaarrrgghh..watch that tree".."tight"..."I'm down"..."I'm ok".."I hit the tree"

And all of that was just from the tree tail enders. If only someone had recoreded us...What will our next adventure be!!

I love the pictures.

Julie said...

Our next adventure is Tour de Lights!!
Spooky rides was a BLAST!!