Kurt waiting for his race to start. This was taken in Boone on August 23rd. He did pretty well in his category.
Here are some pictures from Britteny's wedding. Her and Troy were married on August 15, 2009. It was a beautiful ceremony, even though the weather was threatening rain.
Britteny and Troy pouring their unity candle.

Here is me with my great-niece Shane Marie Babcock. That weekend was the first time I got to meet her in person.

Not much else is happening. I've been riding my bike to work approximately 2 days a week. Kurt usually rides out to West Des Moines and then we ride a little farther. When we do that we ride approximately 30 miles. We have bike races the next couple of weeks. Next weekend they have time trials, which they ride one lap as fast as they can. Then the following weekend is the 7 Oaks 24-hour Mountain Bike race in Boone. Kurt still hasn't decided if he's going to find a team, a partner, or do some solo riding. Last year was our first year, and we had a blast. It's more of a fun camping trip with some biking thrown in. I've been looking forward to this all summer long. After the 24 hour race, it's pretty much cyclocross season.
Work is going pretty well. School has started, so the majority of my patients are in the afternoon. Staffing got re-arranged a little bit, and now I actually enjoy waking up and going to work. For awhile, it was pretty bad, but I now have a good team at my office. My vision therapy doctor asked me if I'd like to go to this year's conference, and I accepted. It'll be in Colorado again in October. I'll get to fly again!
That's pretty much all I know. I hope everybody is doing well.

No comments:
Post a Comment