Sunday, September 27, 2009

the Big 3-0

So ya, I can't believe I'm 30! The gray hair is already showing. I had a great birthday. I took off Friday from work. Despite having to go to the dentist and get a crown put on AND a cavity filled, it was a nice day. After the dentist, I went to the Sahar's Salon and Spa and got a 30 minute massage. It felt great!!!!! I also got my eye brow waxed for the first time. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was. After getting pampered at the salon, I went shopping at Torrid and bought some new tops. After some shopping, I had the privilage of renewing my license. Friday night Kurt took me out to Cafe Fusion for some yummy Pad Tai, then home for some movie watching.

Saturday was the first day of cyclocross racing. Kurt and I woke up and he made me pancakes for breakfast while I got ready for my spa morning with my girls. I got a pedicure and a parrafin dip on my hands. After our pampering, we went out to lunch. When I got home, I hopped on my bike and headed down to Kurt's race.


After the race, Kurt and I rode home and got ready for the night's festivities. For supper every year, Kurt surprises me and takes me out to a nice restaraunt. I've been to Ohana's, Taki's, and this year we went to Appare - Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar. It's alot like Taki's where you can sit around the grill and watch the chef prepare your meal. Kyle, Julie and Alexa joined us also. We ate alot of food: salad, soup, sushi (had the California Roll, Tuna Roll, and Salmon Roll), fried rice, veggies, and I had chicken and scallops. Since it was my birthday, our whole table got some cake. I also got a shot of "chocolate cake" and a sake bomb from the chef who made our food.

After we ate supper, Kurt and I headed over to the bowling alley, where we met up with our friends Amanda and Andy. We did some Extreme bowling.


On Sunday, we had another cross race. Kurt placed 23rd out of 30 I believe.
It was a GREAT weekend and a birthday to remember!

No comments: